I just hashtag-ed a headline! There is a first time for everything and that was it. Also, a first time for me working with Del Real and creating the most insane party food OF ALL TIME. Yep, this 7 layer tamale dip is coming back during holidays, office parties and anytime I want to shove some amazing down anyone’s throat. And it’s naturally gluten-free, BAM.
But the real deal? SO EASY. This is how you do it with your friends from Del Real. It’s chow time.
7 Layer Tamale Dip
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
1 cup + 2 tablespoons Del Real Salsa de Molcajete Verde
4 Del Real Cheese & Green Chilie Tamales
1 cup Del Real Barbacoa
2 ounces Monterey Jack, grated
2 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
8 ounce can Fire Roasted tomatoes
2 cups fresh guacamole (see recipe)
1/2 cup sour cream
Chopped olive to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium casserole dish, spread 1-2 tablespoons of Del Real Salsa de Molcajete Verde on bottom of dish.
3. Unwrap tamales and place evenly along bottom of dish. Cut tamales to fit if necessary.
4. Spread one cup of salsa on top of tamales evenly. Spread Del Real Barbacoa on top of salsa and bake for 10 minutes.
5. While dip is baking, make guacamole by mixing the meat of 4 ripe avocados with the juice of one lemon, one clove of minced garlic, 1 chopped tomato (optional), 1 teaspoon black pepper, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, hot sauce to taste. Set aside.
6. Remove dip from oven and sprinkle grated cheeses over the top evenly. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted slightly.
7. Allow dip to cool for 5 minutes, then top with guacamole and spread evenly. Top with sour cream and chopped olives (if desired) and serve with your favorite tortilla chips or just dig in with a spoon.
Makes: 12 servings